Travelstop + QuickBooks Online
With our direct integration with QuickBooks Online, admins can sync their expense data on Travelstop with QuickBooks Online accounting software.
What data is synchronised?
The following data gets synchronised between Travelstop Expenses and QuickBooks Online.
- Chart of accounts: We will import accounts classified as 'Expenses' in QuickBooks Online as expense categories in Travelstop.
- Expense reports: We can export approved expense reports on Travelstop as 'Vendor bill', 'Journal entry', or 'Cheque.'
- Classes: We can map 'Groups' or 'Cost centre' in Travelstop to the class field in QuickBooks Online.
Note: Your expense reports are synchronised as soon as they're approved. Your other QuickBooks Online data (Chart of accounts, etc.) will get periodically synchronised in every 24-hour window. You also have the option to manually synchronise the data at any time.
Connecting to QuickBooks Online
You can connect your Travelstop account with QuickBooks Online by following these steps:
- Sign in to your Travelstop account and select your Company
- Go to Company Settings and select Integrations.
- Find QuickBooks Online in the list and click Connect.
- Follow the steps to allow access and choose the QuickBooks Online account you want to connect to Travelstop.
- Once done, review your configuration settings and click Start syncing.
That's it! We will automatically export your expense reports once they are approved.
You can review and adjust your configuration settings on the integrations page at any time.
📁 Expense reports
You can export approved expense reports on Travelstop as one of the following
- Vendor bill (or Bill)
- Journal entry
Each of the options will have additional configurations which you can select as per your requirements.
- Approved expense reports will be exported as vendor bill
- Each expense will be a line item in the vendor bill
- Expense report ID will become the bill number
- The employee will become the vendor of the bill
- An associated account can be picked from any of the 'Accounts Payable' accounts
- Vendor bill date can set as 'Date of last expense', 'Submitted date', or 'Exported date.'
- Approved expense reports will be exported as a journal entry
- Each expense will be a debit entry in the journal
- Expense report ID will become the journal number
- An associated account can be picked from any of the 'Accounts Payable', 'Other Current Asset', or 'Other Current Liability' accounts
- Journal date can be set as 'Date of last expense', 'Submitted date', or 'Exported date.'
- Approved expense reports will be exported as a single itemised cheque
- Each expense will be a line item in the cheque
- The employee will become the payee on the cheque
- An associated account can be picked from any of the 'Bank' accounts
- Payment date can be set as 'Date of last expense', 'Submitted date', or 'Exported date.'
🗂 Chart of accounts
Your chart of accounts classified as 'Expenses' in QuickBooks Online will be imported as Travelstop categories. This setting is enabled by default and can't be disabled as we need your exact categories from QuickBooks Online for sync to work seamlessly.
Note: Your existing expense categories on Travelstop will be disabled and hidden while the integration is turned on. If you need to add a new category, you can add it in QuickBooks Online, and it will be imported automatically. Your old categories will be restored once the connection is turned off.
If you're using Classes in QuickBooks Online, you could map it to Groups or Cost Centres in Travelstop. Which means, we will send your Groups or Cost Centres data as a class field in QuickBooks Online.
Some of the integration features may not be available for your version of QuickBooks Online subscription. Here's a list of features that are supported by different QuickBooks Online versions
Chart of accounts
Please note: Journal entry is currently unsupported for QuickBooks Online in France