With groups, you can organise your employees into teams, squads or departments. You can assign approvers for each group who can approve trip requests or expense reports.
How do I create a group?
Company Owners and Admins can create a new group by following these steps:
- Click Sign in on the Travelstop homepage and select your company (You can directly sign in using your company's Travelstop URL as well).
- Go to Company settings and select Groups.
- Click Create new
- Enter the Group name and select an approver from your existing users for this group
- Add members (employees) who belong to this group.
- Click Save to finish
👁 Group visibility
Allow employees to access all groups
- By default, this setting is checked, which means your employees will see all the groups when submitting an expense report or booking travel. They can select the group they belong to, and the request will be submitted to the right approver based on their group selection.
Allow employees to access their own groups only
- If you want your employees to only see groups that they belong to, you can select this setting. With this, employees will only see groups based on their membership when submitting an expense report or booking travel.
- Note: If selected, you must make sure that all your employees are assigned a group, or they won't be able to proceed if group selection is mandatory.
✅ Cost centre selection
Make group selection mandatory for expense reports
- Allows you to make group selection mandatory (or optional) for submitting expense reports for approval.
- Note: If you make this mandatory, you must make sure all employees are assigned to a group or make all groups visible to everyone, or they won't be able to submit expense reports.
Make group selection mandatory for trips
- Allows you to make group selection mandatory (or optional) for every travel booking.
- Note: If you make this mandatory, you must make sure all employees are assigned to a group or make all groups visible to everyone, or they won't be able to book travel for themselves.
💡 Pro tip: You can also assign multiple approvers for the same group if some members in the same group have different approvers.
✏️ Note: If you have not created any groups for your company, all the expense/budget reports and trip approval requests will be submitted to Company Owner for approval by default.