Setting up tax tracking
By default, tax tracking feature is disabled when you first set up your company account. If your business needs to track taxes for expenses, you can do so by following these steps.
- Click Sign in on the Travelstop homepage and select your company (You can directly sign in using your company's Travelstop URL as well).
- Go to Company settings and select Tax.
- Enable the Tax switch
Once enabled, you can create taxes based on your country’s tax policies.
- Click on Create new
- Add a Tax name and Value (percentage)
- Click Save
Once saved, you can set it as default to automatically apply to all new expenses in your reporting currency.
Applying tax to expenses
- Once tax tracking is enabled, the default tax rate will automatically apply to all the expenses in your reporting currency.
- When creating a new expense, the tax amount will automatically be calculated once you add your total receipt amount.
- If the tax amount on your receipt is different from the calculated amount, you can enter the correct amount manually.