When it comes to booking flights and hotels for business trips, you can now create a simple travel policy for your employees to follow. Based on your settings, we will flag flight or hotel reservations that are outside the boundaries of the policy you have put in place.
With this, employees will have a clear understanding of what they can and cannot book, which will improve compliance with your travel policy.
Company Owners and Admins can set up travel policy by following these steps:
- Click Sign in on the Travelstop homepage and select your company (You can directly sign in using your company's Travelstop URL as well).
- Go to Company settings and select Travel policy.
- You will see sections for Flight and Hotel policy, where you can set your policy based on budget, class, or advance booking.
- Click Edit next to the section you'd like to define.
For flights you can define your policy based on the following criteria:
- Advance booking: Number of days in advance employees must book their flight
- Cabin class: Default cabin class you want employees to book (you can set exceptions for longer flights)
- Budget: Maximum budget for all flights (with exceptions for longer flights)
Similarly, for hotels, you can define your policy based on the following criteria:
- Advance booking: Number of days in advance employees must book their hotel
- Class: Default class of hotel allowed (e.g. 4-star)
- Budget: Maximum budget for hotel bookings (with an option to add exceptions for cities)